Re: [Exim] Solaris based Web mail

Author: J C Lawrence
To: Julian King
CC: s.choudhury, exim-users, uk-mail-managers
Subject: Re: [Exim] Solaris based Web mail
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:34:00 +0100 (BST)
Julian King <jpk28@???> wrote:

Sorry, I missed the original post

>> Is there any webmail which runs on Solaris platform. We have
>> experimented with WebMail from infinite.com but it runs on NT.
>> Our main mail servers would be on Solaris Machines. So it would
>> be ideal to have both the webmail and MTA on the same machine. I
>> have been looking at IMP - seems very very difficult to install
>> and get it right.

I like and use Twig:

http://twig.screwdriver.net/

Simple, fast, workable, decent MIME support, easy to install and
configure, and well, the wife likes it (and is the main user). If
you'd like to poke about a test account on my install, drop me a
private email.

I've used IMP previously and have not ben terribly impressed with
it. You can find several dozen others listed on Freshmeat:

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=web+mail

>> We would be using IMAP from UW. The format will be most probably
>> mbx. Any help will be appreciated.

I'm not fond of UW's imapd. Performance sucks royally, especially
for large mailboxes. Cyrus, conversely, runs like a bomb and has
nice admin tools:

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/

Check freshmeat for all the neat Cyrus packages:

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=cyrus

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@???
---------(*)                               Other: coder@???