[Exim] Re: Solaris based Web mail

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: s.choudhury
CC: exim-users, uk-mail-managers
Subject: [Exim] Re: Solaris based Web mail
Greetings -

--On Thursday, September 28, 2000 10:01 am +0100 Sujit Choudhury
<s.choudhury@???> wrote:

> Is there any webmail which runs on Solaris platform. We have
> experimented with WebMail from infinite.com but it runs on NT. Our
> main mail servers would be on Solaris Machines. So it would be ideal
> to have both the webmail and MTA on the same machine.
> I have been looking at IMP - seems very very difficult to install and
> get it right.
> We would be using IMAP from UW. The format will be most probably mbx.
> Any help will be appreciated.

This is a tentative reply...

I'll be looking at SilkyMail from Cyrusoft as a distinct possibility for a
future webmail service herre (also to be hosted on a Solaris platform).

It is derived from IMP, but Cyrusoft have done a lot of work on it. I
understand it can access IMAP and POP mail servers, make use of IMSP for
remote preferences etc and, I _think_, LDAP.

As I understand it SilkyMail 1.0 will be free (they're currently at Beta8)
but you pay for support, with prices starting from US$500 per annum.

More at:
    http://www.silkymail.com/

Cheers,

Mike B-)

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740