Re: [Exim] System filter - text content

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Yann Golanski
CC: Jeffrey Goldberg, Pete Wilkins, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] System filter - text content
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Yann Golanski wrote:

> Off list as it is politics.

Agreed.

> Currently there are more and more companies that are actully doing
> active snooping like that. *sigh* when will they learn?

I know. There was a case at Cranfield where a company informed us that
someone at Cranfield was sending dubious images to their buddy at the
company. "Was there a complaint from the recipient?" I asked. "No, we
picked it up in a random scan mailboxes." I acted on this by informing
the Cranfield user of the complaint from the company, informing him in the
broadest terms that some companies may monitor employ email (but not
Cranfield). So now at least this guys friend in that company knows about
monitoring.

I also pointed the sender to a PGP FAQ, but he didn't act on that as far
as I know (which isn't much since I don't monitor individuals mail).

- -j

> --
>         Please use PGP when replying to this message

OK. But I haven't managed to persuade PINE to do the right thing with
signature attachments.

- --
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html