Re: [EXIM] Regular expressions for filtering.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Regular expressions for filtering.

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> We are certainly considering a routing block on SMTP from our modems to
> anywhere other than our mail servers.

At a Linx anti-spam meeting, it was decided that a Best Common Practise
would be to disable dial-in customers on trial accounts from talking to
external mail systems directly... at the very least it means that a
hit-and-run spammer can be tracked down.

If it were an ideal world, 'd go further and say that only after, say, two
months of a fully-paid-up account being run, would you allow them to connect
to arbitrary ports at all!

I remember reporting a spammer to BT, who found that the spammer had
used a dodgy credit card to start the account, and therefore could do nothing.

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600
"Whatever it was that wasn't wrong and couldn't be reproduced and works like
it always has...has apparently been fixed."... from a fault report.