Re: [EXIM] Regular expressions for filtering.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andrew V. Kovalev
A: djc
Cc: david, jhenders, ph10, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Regular expressions for filtering.
Dave C. wrote:

> > > Legitimate dialsprint.net users will be using their assigned
> > > SMTP/outgoing mail relay, and will NOT be making SMTP connections
> > > directly to mailservers for destination domains.
> > >
> > > Only spammers will be making SMTP connections directly from dynamic
> > > terminal server addresses.

Spammers usually do not make SMTP connections to mailservers for
destination domains, they prefer to use some well-connected relay.

> > Wrong again.
> >
> > Customers (even dialsprint.net users:) do have a right to have a
> > linux/freebsd/whatever system running sendmail, doing mx lookups AND
> > delivering mail directly from terminal server addresses.
> >

> A. They certainly have the right to do so, but no inherent right to
> make such connections directly to my network.

Hmm.. I am to lazy now to grep RFCs 8xx but it seems to me that any host on
internet that wants to send mail has a right to connect to appropriate MX
host..

> B. It is FAR more efficient to use the designated sprint SMTP relay,
> EVEN if you are running a *nix OS.

That is their problem - if some user just wants to pay to dialsprint for
more connect time - why not?

> C. Some spammers specifically do this to send their spam (or for other
> people)

Disable relaying on your host to be sure no one is spammed via it. I've
never seen a spammer who sits on a dialup AND sends his spam using MXes.
Just because of D. I occasionaly do receive legitimate mail delivered
directly from dialup account (sometimes they are ISDN BTW).

> D. Anyone running a *nix that is handling ANY signifigant amount of
> mail will probably have a real connection, at the very least a static
> dialup if not something more permanent.

Probably. Probably not. Probably someone uses dial backup or ISDN.