Re: [EXIM] Regular expressions for filtering.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Andrew V. Kovalev, david, jhenders, ph10, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Regular expressions for filtering.

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 16:51:36 +0000
> From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???>
> To: "Andrew V. Kovalev" <avk@???>
> Cc: djc@???, david@???, jhenders@???,
>     ph10@???, exim-users@???
> Subject: Re: [EXIM] Regular expressions for filtering.

> avk@??? said:
> } Spammers usually do not make SMTP connections to mailservers for
> } destination domains, they prefer to use some well-connected relay.
>
> I have had a number of ads in the last couple of weeks trying to sell
> spamming software that specifically does not use relays - using 3rd party
> relays is getting harder, people are getting more likely to protect their
> interests with litigation, and complaints get you thrown off your ISP.
>
> The most interesting ad said that there was no way you would lose your ISP
> account working this way. I did my best to make sure that the sender did
> lose theirs!
>
> We are certainly considering a routing block on SMTP from our modems to
> anywhere other than our mail servers.

Ours is already in place. If you use one of our dynamic dialups, you
use OUR SMTP server to send mail. Period.

You can still use any (valid) sender, from, or reply-to address you
want, but your mail get a timestamp with your IP address in the headers
that I can use to identify your account positively.

I figure I can do my part to prevent our users from abusing the world.

Our static and/or dedicated dialups do not have this restriction.