Re: [EXIM] Regular expressions for filtering.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andrew V. Kovalev
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Regular expressions for filtering.
Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> avk@??? said:
> } Spammers usually do not make SMTP connections to mailservers for
> } destination domains, they prefer to use some well-connected relay.
>
> I have had a number of ads in the last couple of weeks trying to sell
> spamming software that specifically does not use relays - using 3rd party
> relays is getting harder, people are getting more likely to protect their
> interests with litigation, and complaints get you thrown off your ISP.

I do not think this software is very effective. But I see increasing volumes
of spam relayed via non-US relays and some time ago had relaying attempts
from dialsprint to aol. Each day spammer attempted to send to 30-40 AOL
users in alphabetic order and didn't care about 550s that he got for each
RCPT TO :)

> We are certainly considering a routing block on SMTP from our modems to
> anywhere other than our mail servers.

I'd be really upset if my ISP installed such a block without prior
agreement. There are privacy issues (someone may have valid reasons to want
his/her mail to leave the country of origin ASAP and specifically not to be
stored in any spools), I often do remote configuration of other machines
from home (and sometimes do have to connect to SMTP).. Anyway it's about
the agreement between customer and his ISP. I still don't think that
refusing all dialups on SMTP is a good idea..

                avk

--
I always find it quite amusing that the people who think that they need HTML
to express themselves always seem to be very poor at doing so in plain text.