RE: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users

Author: Clive McDowell
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users
> > To be frank, this list has scared off even some capable
> sysadmins and
> > developers. Of all the lists I read, this is the most
> technical, and
> > unwelcoming. It has its own culture and that culture is
> intolerant of
> > ignorance to the point of rudeness.
>
> No! I could not disagree more!
>
> I'm just lurking here (and very seldom ask for help) but IMO
> the statement "... that culture is intolerant of ignorance to
> the point of rudeness." is not true!

I second that. I've found the list to be nothing but helpful. It is one of the more accessible technical lists of which I have
experience. A big thankyou to everyone who contributes - I think we all sometimes take them too much for granted. Remember also
that sometimes people appear ruder than perhaps they intend. A thicker skin protects against the less polite contributers that
are a feature of any list. They don't know where you live or where you park your car so lighten up and feel superior about your
own impeccable manners!

Splitting the list will lead to confusion. At what point does one judge oneself to have 'graduated' to the more expert list? Do
we have to keep an eye on both lists if we're not sure? I've rambled enough - it's Friday thank goodnes.

Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast