Re: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users
Marilyn Davis wrote:

> BTW, oddly, Python email lists are always polite and patient way
> beyond my patience. In fact, all the other lists I monitor are kinder
> than this one. I don't know why exim would collect an impolite and
> competitive culture. Philip is always very nice and doesn't engender
> rudeness at all.

I think it's the nature of email. Due to some basic design flaws in
SMTP, mail servers are under constant hostile attack, and perfectly
innocent and well-run servers are frequently made to pay high penalties
for the mistakes of others on the internet. That's the kind of working
environment that would tend to make anyone cranky after a few years, I'd
think.

I don't know much about the postfix community, but at least as far as
qmail goes, djb is certainly rather notorious.

I really wonder how Philip has managed to stay so pleasant in the face
of this. :)

- Marc