Re: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:04:56 +0100, Jeremiah Foster
<jeremiah.foster@???> wrote:
>This is a good idea. I think even Marc Haber (debian package maintainer)
>said that what exim lacks is a good
>tutorial with examples. I would help with this if work needs doing, I think
>this would really help.

Philip's book is an excellent tutorial. What is missing, IMO, is a
tutorial like "E-Mail's technical basics in 21 steps", but people
won't read it because theoretical knowledge does not have any value to
them because they cannot click on it.

And I am quite opposed to giving HOWTO-type examples because people
will blindly cut&paste them without understand what they do.

Greetings
Marc