Re: [exim] sendind email to an intermittently connected host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: List: exim
Asunto: Re: [exim] sendind email to an intermittently connected host
On 18 Jan 2022, at 11:56, Leonardo Boselli via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> No, my situation is different: the p machine normally is connected, but for some reason, can be unconnected for extended (days to weeks) periods of time, or ever, more likely, to have the smtp service unactive, or even just refusing email from certain domains. But when active it must receive all messages in real time, because among the services it is used to send notifications to a paging system.

Lookup up ETRN here:

https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-smtp_processing.html (section 8)

Basically, fo all mail destined for that machine you have infinite retry rules according to your own requirements (so the messages never time out or error as undeliverable), and when the far end connects up it makes an ETRN command which then dequeues all the email.

It requires the far end machine to support ETRN, mind you.

Graeme