Re: [exim] sendind email to an intermittently connected host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
A: Odhiambo Washington
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] sendind email to an intermittently connected host
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:
> If I were you, I'd approach the problem a different way. I remember doing
> something like that with intermittently connected hosts.
> I would instead just queue the messages and let p.example.com to request
> for their delivery when its connection comes up.

No, my situation is different: the p machine normally is connected, but
for some reason, can be unconnected for extended (days to weeks) periods
of time, or ever, more likely, to have the smtp service unactive, or even
just refusing email from certain domains.
But when active it must receive all messages in real time, because among
the services it is used to send notifications to a paging system.

--
Leonardo Boselli
tel:+393488605348