Re: [exim] sendind email to an intermittently connected host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: Leonardo Boselli
Cc: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] sendind email to an intermittently connected host
On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 3:10 PM Leonardo Boselli via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2022, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:
> > If I were you, I'd approach the problem a different way. I remember doing
> > something like that with intermittently connected hosts.
> > I would instead just queue the messages and let p.example.com to request
> > for their delivery when its connection comes up.
>
> No, my situation is different: the p machine normally is connected, but
> for some reason, can be unconnected for extended (days to weeks) periods
> of time, or ever, more likely, to have the smtp service unactive, or even
> just refusing email from certain domains.
> But when active it must receive all messages in real time, because among
> the services it is used to send notifications to a paging system.

I still believe that it's better to solve the problem from the source -
where the connectivity is almost unpredictable.
You can run the dequeuing process every 5 minutes from p.example.com. That
is quite 'realtime' to me :-)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,