Re: [exim] sendind email to an intermittently connected host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: Cyborg
Cc: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] sendind email to an intermittently connected host
On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 3:58 PM Cyborg via Exim-users <exim-users@???>
wrote:

> Am 18.01.22 um 12:02 schrieb Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users:
> > Hi Leonardo,
> >
> > If I were you, I'd approach the problem a different way. I remember doing
> > something like that with intermittently connected hosts.
> > I would instead just queue the messages and let p.example.com to request
> > for their delivery when its connection comes up.
> >
> > Please refer to this link for the details:
> > https://plonk.de/sw/odmr/index.php
> >

> You mean someting like a message box, that gets pulled from p-server
> when it gets online.

Exactly. Messages would be saved in bsmtp files and would be pulled by
p-server when it gets online.

> Some office mailserver do this, so there is matching configs and software
> available.

I used this method during the days when broadband wasn't quite
well-developed. Worked flawlessly.

> IMHO, sounds like the better option, because messing it's save in the
> mailbox, can be accessed from anywhere else and is available instantly
> when p-server wakes up, instead of the worst-case scenario
> "push-mailqueue" :23h 59m 59s delayed.

That's what I thought. However the OP would rather mess up with the retry
times :-)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,