Re: [exim] Rspamd-Proxy error with exim

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rspamd-Proxy error with exim
Hi,

Emanuel Gonzalez via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Fr 15 Jun 2018 13:51:19 CEST):
> i talk with the rspamd develop, they say this:
>

> "In fact, it is Exim who SHOULD drop fucking legacy protocol support. But I cannot convince its developers to do that. I have fixed this issue at some point in the past but I have no Exim to test that."

It it not the problem of "convince its developers", it's a problem if
ressources to integrate the new protocol.

For what I understand, the new protocol uses JSON to transfer its
information, while the old one was a simple text-line-by-line protocol.

This simple line-by-line protocol (IMHO) can be supported on almost any
platform, so I can't follow the reasons behind dropping it from rspamd.
But this we should/could discuss in some other thread.

Personally I'd like to see rspamd support in Exim, but currently my
ressources are limited (ressources hack the support into Exim), and I do
not feel comfortable with bloating Exim by integrating a JSON parser.
But maybe I'm wrong.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann