Re: [exim] Rspamd-Proxy error with exim

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: Emanuel Gonzalez
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Rspamd-Proxy error with exim
On Fri, 15 Jun 2018, Emanuel Gonzalez via Exim-users wrote:

> i talk with the rspamd develop, they say this:
>
> "In fact, it is Exim who SHOULD drop fucking legacy protocol support.
> But I cannot convince its developers to do that. I have fixed this
> issue at some point in the past but I have no Exim to test that."
>
> please give me a help.

Hmm; rspamd used to use the spamassassin protocol.
At some point rspamd switched to a new protocol which the developer had
a reasonable reason for prefering (theoretically cleaner and IIRC
better performance under some conditions).

Later on, rspamd stopped supporting the old protocol, but since
that is still the main protocol used by spamassassin I don't
think exim should drop it.

Also IIRC, the significant difference in the new protocol means that
whilst there was/is code that works on linux, it would need further
effort to make it work on all of the platforms exim supports.

Phil's reply suggests that there are actually three protocols,
which would mean that my history is not telling the whole story,
but conflating two protocols at some points.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Cambridge, UK
             andrew@???