Re: [exim] questions about bounces/autoreplies and expansion…

Author: Bjørnar Ness
To: Chris Siebenmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] questions about bounces/autoreplies and expansions (redirect data)
>> 1) When a bounce/autoreply is generated, is the acl_[cm] variables
>> from the original message available to the routers? If not, could it
>> be (devs?)

Ok, I could do that, but it would actually be very useful (for my,
rather complex setup) if bounces/autoreplies would inherit acl_c/m
from their "parent" connection/mail.
Does anyone else think this is a valid feature request? Should be doable.

> One workaround for this is to embed any acl_[cm] values you want in
> internal X-... headers in the bounce message[*], use them from the headers
> in routers, and then strip them in transports before the message is
> delivered.
>
>         - cks
> [*: you can customize the bounce message to include extra headers by
>     setting eg bounce_message_file. The original message's information
>     is available at this point, as far as I know; certainly the original
>     message headers are.
> ]

Can anyone confirm that the original acl_* variables are available here?

-

When it comes to the autoreplies, I will try to explain myself better:

if( is_list($localpart@$domain) ) {
  if( autoreply_active) {
     send_autoreply
  }
}

if( is_single_recipient_alias($localpart...) ) {
  if( ...active ) {
    send_autoreply
  }
}

if( is_final_mailbox_user && expanded_from(!list)) {
  if( autoreply_active) {
    send_autoreply..
  }
}