Re: [exim] questions about bounces/autoreplies and expansion…

Author: Chris Siebenmann
To: Bjørnar Ness
CC: exim-users, cks
Subject: Re: [exim] questions about bounces/autoreplies and expansions (redirect data)
> 1) When a bounce/autoreply is generated, is the acl_[cm] variables
> from the original message available to the routers? If not, could it
> be (devs?)

One workaround for this is to embed any acl_[cm] values you want in
internal X-... headers in the bounce message[*], use them from the headers
in routers, and then strip them in transports before the message is
delivered.

    - cks
[*: you can customize the bounce message to include extra headers by
    setting eg bounce_message_file. The original message's information
    is available at this point, as far as I know; certainly the original
    message headers are.
]