Re: [exim] questions about bounces/autoreplies and expansion…

Author: Bjørnar Ness
To: Mike Brudenell
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] questions about bounces/autoreplies and expansions (redirect data)
> [snip]
> I can see why this might be useful — eg, an alias-based address <
> sales@???> that fans email out to *N* recipients, but only returns
> an auto-reply ("Thank you for your enquiry…") from the <sales@???>
> front-end address, and not from a Sales Team member who happens to be on
> holiday and set up an auto-reply: another team member will pick up the
> enquiry, so you don't want the customer being told Joe Bloggs is away and
> their enquiry won't be dealt with for a week or two.
>
> If this is indeed the enquiry maybe the real thing is to see if there's a
> tidier way of doing it. Here we'd have address go to a single shared
> mailbox, and have the team members access that mailbox to
> read/send/file/delete messages. That way everyone gets to see whether or
> not someone has already replied and what has been said so far.

Yes. This is the intended. If original rcpt was a "list", that is an alias with
multiple recipients (real accounts only, no recursive aliases), then never
send autoreplies from the backend "account", only from the "list" if it has
a autoreply configured.

If the original rcpt is instead an "alias", that is in my case a alias with a
single recipient, then only send autoreply from the final account if no
autoreply was sent from the alias...

For the logic here, I need access to the "tree" of recipients, and some
way to set a variable in routers (can perhaps be done from ${acl.. but
is this stored?

--
Bj(/)rnar