Re: [exim] questions about bounces/autoreplies and expansion…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] questions about bounces/autoreplies and expansions (redirect data)
On 15/09/15 18:27, Bjørnar Ness wrote:
> Yes. This is the intended. If original rcpt was a "list", that is an alias with
> multiple recipients (real accounts only, no recursive aliases), then never
> send autoreplies from the backend "account", only from the "list" if it has
> a autoreply configured.
>
> If the original rcpt is instead an "alias", that is in my case a alias with a
> single recipient, then only send autoreply from the final account if no
> autoreply was sent from the alias...
>
> For the logic here, I need access to the "tree" of recipients, and some
> way to set a variable in routers (can perhaps be done from ${acl.. but
> is this stored?

Possibly $original_local_part@@original_domain is what you're needing?

Kind of:

Expand the current address; if the result is empty, expand some notion
of vacation-responder address for the current address,
then if that's empty and the original-address is different expand the
vacation-responder for the original.