Re: [exim] How to get mail "delivered" to a file (in mbox fo…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to get mail "delivered" to a file (in mbox format?)
On 13/08/14 22:39, visaris tds.net wrote:
> /var/spool/exim/input is stuffed full of messages, courtesy of exim.

Possibly you're running exim in queue-only mode, and have not
started a daemon exim to run the queues? Look at the
chapter on commandline options, and how you have your fetchmail
set up.

For the daemon (needed whether or not you run queue-only mode)
use something like "-bd -q30m". Run that once, from your system
startup.

> I don't know what the proper place is, but One Step At A Time. First,
> I'ld like to get mail "delivered" to some file (I don't care which) in
> mbox format.

You need a router chain which identifies "your" mail, with one
router that specifies the transport to use for "your" mail.

For delivery to file, use an "appendfile" transport.

http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_appendfile_transport.html

> I don't know what "delivered" means,

Generic term covering plonking it in a file (your case),
sending it to some other system (eg. outbound mail to somewhere
on the internet), and variants of those.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy