Re: [exim] How to get mail "delivered" to a file (in mbox fo…

Author: visaris tds.net
To: Jasen Betts
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to get mail "delivered" to a file (in mbox format?)
The directory
/var/spool/exim/msglog/
is stuffed with error messages, but one step at a time...

How do I fix the following error
R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: creating lock
file hitching post

# ls -ld /
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4096 Aug 11 10:53 /

# ls -ld /var
drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Aug 9 15:30 /var

# ls -ld /var/mail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Aug 9 15:30 /var/mail -> /var/spool/mail

# ls -ld /var/spool
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Aug 10 11:20 /var/spool

# ls -ld /var/spool/mail
drwxr-xr-x 2 mail mail 4096 Aug 14 09:55 /var/spool/mail

# ls -l /var/spool/mail/
total 0