Re: [exim] Is DomainsKeys (DK not DKIM) disabled since v4.70…

Author: Kevin Shaum
To: Pedro Mansilla
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Is DomainsKeys (DK not DKIM) disabled since v4.70-4.71?
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:53 AM, Pedro Mansilla
<pedro.mansilla@???> wrote:
> Well 4.69 does have DomainKeys and DKIM both in Experimental. I saw some
> webpages of users that did granted to make it work with both.
>
> What I do not know now regarding latest source codes is if for domainkeys
> one can edit Makefile and add the usage and libs links for domainkeys. Like
> it was done in the exims wiki for v4.68.
>
> We need it because of our country internet laws. All sort of email
> comunication are mandatory to use DomainKeys, SPF, DKIM, SenderID.

DKIM is based almost entirely on DomainKeys (DKIM = DomainKeys
Identified Mail), basically merging it with a couple of other
standards. It uses the same mechanism, a public encryption key stored
in a DNS record, to authenticate the sender. (The message header is
slightly different.)

So if you have a regulatory or contractual requirement to use
DomainKeys, using DKIM may satisfy that requirement. (Though IANAL, of
course.)

--
Kevin Shaum