Re: [exim] Is DomainsKeys (DK not DKIM) disabled since v4.70…

Author: Murray S. Kucherawy
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Is DomainsKeys (DK not DKIM) disabled since v4.70-4.71?

DKIMproxy will sign or verify mail, but only with DKIM. It doesn't do DomainKeys.

As others have said, DomainKeys is obsolete. In fact the only reason any of the big mailbox providers are still checking it is because there's only one big sending company still using it, and that's only because it takes a long time to change over a large infrastructure. All of them have said they will be dropping it as soon as possible. So, the requirement to sign with DomainKeys doesn't really provide any value. Legislation that says so probably needs to be changed. I realize that doesn't help you much, but that is why you're not likely to find much help retrofitting exim to meet this requirement.

I think you also mentioned Sender-ID, which by most accounts is also largely dead.

You don't "sign" with SPF, and so you don't need any software changes in exim to support it outbound. I believe it already has inbound support.

-MSK