Re: [exim] Is DomainsKeys (DK not DKIM) disabled since v4.70…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Pedro Mansilla
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Is DomainsKeys (DK not DKIM) disabled since v4.70-4.71?
On 2011-09-11 at 00:40 -0500, Pedro Mansilla wrote:
> Simple questions are:
>
> Is domainkeys (dk) disabled on exim 4.70 and up?

It was removed; DomainKeys support was only ever experimental, and the
world moved on, to DKIM. See also the "README.UPDATING" file with Exim,
which calls out explicitly those changes that may cause issues when
upgrading.

> How can I have DK and DKIM emails signed with Exim 4.71?

You can't. It's DKIM only. It would have been nice to support both in
overlap for a while, but it turned out to not be practical, so we went
from the experimental DomainKeys to the IETF's DKIM, as a
fully-supported feature.

-Phil