Re: [exim] BATV/pvrs issue

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] BATV/pvrs issue
Mike Brown wrote:
> I have the stock exim configured on my Solaris 10 x86 server. Config file
> available upon request.
> I've tried searching the archive for info on how to do the following, but
> what I've found is dealing with configuring exim to impliment pvrs in the
> outgoing e-mail.
> My problem is that there is a site that is using pvrs tagged returned sender
> address (the only site out of anyone else sending me e-mail). Exim is
> rejecting the e-mail saying that it can't find a valid return address.
> How do I configure exim to accept pvrs tagged incoming e-mail?
> Pointer to an archived e-mail thread, config example, etc., gladly accepted.

You need a router which rewrites the prvs email address to the original
one. Something like this:

    driver    = redirect
    condition = ${if match{$local_part}{\N^prvs=[0-9a-f]+=[^=]+$\N}}
    data      = ${prvscheck{$local_part@$domain}{YOUR BATV SECRET}}

Then when recipient verification is done in the ACLs this router will
handle rewriting the address such that a later router which knows which
email addresses are valid will accept it.

Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226)
Technical Blog: