Re: [exim] BATV/pvrs issue

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Mike Brown, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] BATV/pvrs issue

--On 11 November 2009 10:39:45 -0600 Mike Brown <brown@???>
wrote:

> I have the stock exim configured on my Solaris 10 x86 server. Config file
> available upon request.
>
> I've tried searching the archive for info on how to do the following, but
> what I've found is dealing with configuring exim to impliment pvrs in the
> outgoing e-mail.
>
> My problem is that there is a site that is using pvrs tagged returned
> sender address (the only site out of anyone else sending me e-mail).
> Exim is rejecting the e-mail saying that it can't find a valid return
> address.

Are you using sender verification callouts, which are failing? We had a
problem like this - it turned out that the sending site had just enabled
batv, but only on one of their two equal priority MX hosts. The other host
was rejecting mail for the batv addresses. They had to fix their
configuration.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex