Re: [exim] retry configuration

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] retry configuration
Catalin Constantin <dazoot@???> (Di 21 Apr 2009 11:07:04 CEST):
> Hi,
>
> I'm not 100% sure the greylisting per sender / recipient is done by Yahoo.
> Nevertheless this is not the issue here (trying out to figure out what
> Yahoo is doing).

So I understand: the problem *probably* is not existent, at least not
with yahoo.

And I understand that it should be checked, why the
"$retry_use_local_part" feature is not implemented (according to the
snipped in the spec (as noted by Lena)) and if it would be a good thing
to implement it.

From that what I understand it actually could be a good thing. Since the
scenario you described, may happen. And until now I didn't read any
response really convincing me. I just saw "it works for me" answers. But
- to be honest - I'm not satisfied with such answer.

Thus we should find out, *why* it works for the other (proven experts)
and not for you. Is it really just luck, or is it really some config
detail. May be you're right, they just had luck and we should think
about implemententing "$retry_use_local_part"...

If you would show your config, there's a good chance, that some of the
experts can point to the (probably small) configuration problem.
(If you send your config to this list, be sure not to expose passwords
and such, but don't be tempted to obfuscate too much...)

(Btw, our mail-in does greylisting based on mail_frm/rcpt_to, not on
addresses.)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -