Re: [exim] retry configuration

Author: Catalin Constantin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] retry configuration
Hi,

I'm not 100% sure the greylisting per sender / recipient is done by Yahoo.
Nevertheless this is not the issue here (trying out to figure out what
Yahoo is doing).

The problem is Exim when:
- sending lots of emails to the same destination domains.

Exim is no retrying fast enough when the remote destination smtp
server is doing aggressive
greylisting (temporary defers).

What i see in the logs (even after i did the changes suggested by Bill
Hacker) is:
- attempts for the first 10 - 15 messages from the queue to be delivered
- after that 1000 lines with @yahoo.com R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp
defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host

The reason for this is because the /var/spool/exim/db/retry database
uses as key the domain / hostname, for remote smtp transfer instead of
the
full recipient address.

Changing it in the configuration (retry_use_local_part) does not work
because it's not implemented (according to the docs).