Re: [exim-dev] Development blockage...

Author: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Development blockage...

    http://wiki.exim.org/EximDevelopment

> Suggestion 3: Organise triage team tasked with maintaining a
> prioritised
> list of verified bugs.

That definitely needs doing - just a separate split of bugs and
wishlist would help a lot.

Unfortunately I'm in the position that I don't work with mail systems
any more, and have very limited spare time, so I basically don't have
a great deal of impetus to work on exim other than minimal maintenance
- I don't see these factors changing for me in the foreseeable
future. I suspect many of the other people who previously put work
into exim are in a similar position.

On 14 May 2008, at 07:29, Jaco van der Schyff wrote:
> There is Google's summer of code aswell. If a (mentoring)
> organisation
> could be set-up, the fund raising issue could be rationalized by
> Google
> paying the respective bounties ?

Not this year (unless we got in on the Southern Hemisphere one) - GSOC
is all allocated for this Summer.

What really concerns me at present is if we get hit by a security
issue in the code, how long would it take to be able to diagnose let
along get the release process done...

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]