Re: [exim-dev] Development blockage...

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Development blockage...
Hello,

B. Johannessen <bob@???> (Di 13 Mai 2008 19:15:06 CEST):
> Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> > I think we have hit a stage where effectively no work is being done on
> > exim - the bugzilla queue is increasing, but very few of them are
> > being touched at all.
>
> I have a feeling Philip left behind a sort of leadership vacuum. At
> least that what it feels like to me as an outsider. It's not apparent to
> me who's "in charge" any more, which makes it more difficult to
> contribute. Two suggestions that shouldn't be to much trouble is;

I agree, Phil was *the* Exim. If nothing else helped, you/we could ask
him and he had an answer, always, even to the most stupid questions. In
that sense Exim was tightly bound to his person, despite the fact that
there are a contributors:

    Counted in changelog since 4.50:
    389 PH
     26 TK
     26 SC
     22 TF
     19 JJ
      7 MH
    Not counted the importance or amount of the change, just the notes in
    the changelog.

    And not counted the people surely helping with infrastructure (Bugzilla,
    FTP servers, ...)

@Phil: How many time did you spend working on Exim? Was it a full time
job for you?

From the above counts it's not too surprising, that there is the