Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?
Hello,

> Is it that good if it doesn't even support the basic things like rbl
> testing and greylisting?

it focusses on one thing it is good in.

> Furthermore, the only spamfilter that has zero false positives is a
> disabled spamfilter, even humans make mistakes. And if you use rbls and
> greylisting, how can you be sure you will still have the alleged 0 false
> positives?

Well, I'm afraid this doesn't exactly belong to this mailing list, but
the idea behind eXpurgate is great: An email is individual as long as it
is not sent bulk. An email is bulk, as long as thousands of messages
have a similar content, but are sent from a small set of mailservers
(like an Amazon newsletter or mailing list). An email is spam if it is
sent with a similar content to thousands of recipients from thousands of
different hosts (like emails from Trojan infected PCs). No you need
checksum algorithms to keep track of emails, sender ips, etc. and a high
available database that allows you to submit checksum from emails
received by you and validate checksums with emails received by other
users. Thats the (very simplified) idea and service behind eXpurgate. It
is similar to what DCC does, but it is doing it in a more professional
way and easier integration to existing mail setups.

> Furthermore, exim supports scanning with Kaspersky.

Have you ever requested the antispam or anti virus pricing scheme for
>50.000 mailboxes at Kaspersky?

Regards
Marten