Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Burnham
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?
> >> Why doesn't exim support XCLIENT? Was the issue discussed be the
> >> developers? Or did noone start to implement it?
> >
> > You're the first one requesting it.
>
> but the problem addressed with it is a common problem as soon as you
> have a mail appliance infront of your exim/postfix/whatever setup.

So put in a feature request.
I'm not sure what the benefit is though - surely if you have a device in front of your MTA then that
is the place to be doing the rejection or whatever based on where the mail comes from. Surely if you
let your MTA do the rejection, you're going to end up with the issue of you generating backscatter
spam. Or am I missing something ?