Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-user
Betreff: Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?
On 23/04/2008, John Burnham <jpb15@???> wrote:

> > > You're the first one requesting it.
> >
> > but the problem addressed with it is a common problem as soon as you
> > have a mail appliance infront of your exim/postfix/whatever setup.
> >
> So put in a feature request.
> I'm not sure what the benefit is though - surely if you have a device in front of your MTA then that
> is the place to be doing the rejection or whatever based on where the mail comes from. Surely if you
> let your MTA do the rejection, you're going to end up with the issue of you generating backscatter
> spam. Or am I missing something ?

Yes - the OP said that his appliance is a proxy - presumably it holds
the incoming delivery up while it attempts to deliver internally.

I could see some use for this, and I don't believe it would be too
hard - if teh OP sorts out a feature request I suspect it would be
looked at.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer