Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?
Hello,

> I'm not sure what the benefit is though - surely if you have a device in front of your MTA then that
> is the place to be doing the rejection or whatever based on where the mail comes from. Surely if you
> let your MTA do the rejection, you're going to end up with the issue of you generating backscatter
> spam. Or am I missing something ?

yes. It is not a IronPort or Barracude appliance. It is a realtime
proxy. No messages are stored. The messages are scanned and passed to
the backend server in realtime. There is no need to configure lists of
email addresses to accept. The spam proxy just passes the RCPT TO the
backend (exim) and if it fails, it rejects the message in the original
SMTP session. The same applies in case it detects spam. Thats what makes
the eXpurgate to such a cool and smart solution.

Regards
Marten