Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Burnham
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?
> > So put in a feature request.
> > I'm not sure what the benefit is though - surely if you
> have a device in front of your MTA then that
> > is the place to be doing the rejection or whatever based on
> where the mail comes from. Surely if you
> > let your MTA do the rejection, you're going to end up with
> the issue of you generating backscatter
> > spam. Or am I missing something ?
>
> Yes - the OP said that his appliance is a proxy - presumably it holds
> the incoming delivery up while it attempts to deliver internally.

Yes... if eXpurgate is acting like a proxy. The only reference to eXpurgate wrt email I could find
is
http://email.about.com/od/spamfilteringservices/gr/expurgate.htm
which doesn't sound like what I would call a proxy. But I don't know anything more than what I read
on that page, so I may well be barking up the wrong tree.

> I could see some use for this, and I don't believe it would be too
> hard - if teh OP sorts out a feature request I suspect it would be
> looked at.

Indeed. I've actually got a setup with two Exim servers behind a cluster of ZXTM load balancers and
something like XCLIENT would make certain tasks I have a lot easier (I've found workarounds for all
the issues I've had but this would be potentially neater).