Re: [exim] Drop all traffic unless authenticated users OR sp…

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Bleurgh
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Drop all traffic unless authenticated users OR specific IP ?
Bleurgh wrote:
> I dont need or want to know how it works. All I need to know is what to put
> into my exim config so that all hosts are rejected other than authenticated
> users and a couple of other IP's. I'm sure thats not complicated for
> someone who is experienced at writing these things.
>
> I only need to do this once. I have no other requirements. Spending several
> days learning about Exim is not the answer. Especially when I probably
> wouldnt be any wiser about writing ACL's. I'm looking for a shortcut. I can
> see that you cant help me Peter so please stand aside and make room for
> someone who can.
>
> I'll gladly pay someone for their time if they can write an ACL for me so
> all I need to do is paste it into the exim.conf file in the relevent place.
> Are there any experts here who can do that for me ?

I think the ACLs have already been written on the first answer Peter Bowyer gave
you. Peter is an accustomed poster on these lists and generally gives good advices.

The problem now seems that you don't know where to place them in your config
file. Do you have acl_smtp_rcpt defined somewhere in you config file? If yes,
you should follow it's value and copy/paste what Peter gave you the line after
the value in the config file.