Re: [exim] Drop all traffic unless authenticated users ORspe…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Drop all traffic unless authenticated users ORspecific IP ?
Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 06:11 -0800, Bleurgh wrote:
>> I dont need or want to know how it works. All I need to know is what to put
>> into my exim config so that all hosts are rejected other than authenticated
>> users and a couple of other IP's. I'm sure thats not complicated for
>> someone who is experienced at writing these things.
>
> Well, at least you're being honest about things. I guess that's a plus.
>
> ...and on Fri, 2008-01-25 at 13:53 +0000, Peter Bowyer wrote:
>> The docs and the default config file are all you need. Post your
>> existing ACL section here and some kind sould will paste in the
>> required snippet for you.
>
> So how about that, then? Help us to help you. Go on, you know you want
> to.
>
>> I only need to do this once. I have no other requirements. Spending several
>> days learning about Exim is not the answer. Especially when I probably
>> wouldnt be any wiser about writing ACL's. I'm looking for a shortcut. I can
>> see that you cant help me Peter so please stand aside and make room for
>> someone who can.
>
> Peter already tried to - but you ignored his question.
>
>> I'll gladly pay someone for their time if they can write an ACL for me so
>> all I need to do is paste it into the exim.conf file in the relevent place.
>> Are there any experts here who can do that for me ?
>
> Sure, probably quite a lot. I'm not so sure many will be in touch, mind
> you.

Bleurgh .. some of just won't DO 'for fee' what we do here 'for free'.

It's about paying back for all the help we have been given over *years*.

Barter. Honor system.

Long-running card game, even.

But Jacks or better for openers - i.e. if you want to sit at the table,
you need to arrive with an open mind, then read and heed.

How do you price that?

Certainly not at my Euro 1,000 to 2,800 day rates...

> [ In other news, "Teach a man to fish"... hopefully that will raise a
> smile for regular readers :) ]
>
> Graeme

"Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Bill