Re: [exim] Drop all traffic unless authenticated users OR sp…

Author: Bleurgh
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Drop all traffic unless authenticated users OR specific IP ?

Ok, let me explain a few things...

I am not configuring the whole MTA myself. The servers in question have an
exim setup script provided. Exim is closely integrated and configured to a
high standard by default. I have no need or desire to become an Exim expert.
All I need to know is an answer to my question. Which is why I am finding
your "RTFM" answers very frustrating. I beleive I have explained my question
very clearly.

I was expecting someone to simply say - "yes, here is what you need" and
provide a few lines that I could paste into the config. Is that selfish ?
I'm not asking for anything other than a quick answer to the question posed
in the thread. If that answer requires more work than I presumed then
please, contact me directly and we can arrange something.

What I really dont want to hear is comments like - "do it yourself" - "read
the manual" etc etc. If I was going to do that then I wouldnt have come here
in the first place. I'm sorry if I have come across as "abrupt" but I really
wasnt expecting the fragmented and somewhat over complicated responses I
received - which didnt go anywhere to answering the question that I asked.