Re: [exim] Drop all traffic unless authenticated users OR sp…

Author: Oliver von Bueren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Drop all traffic unless authenticated users OR specific IP ?

> Yes, I am familiar with using telnet to test mail delivery. As mentioned -
> Its the ACL I dont understand.

M8, come down again, it's quite hard to judge your knowledge after the
last reply to my message. I don't think my message was very complicated
at all.
And it's of no use for the Internet at large if someone configures an
MTA exposed to the wild net while not bothering/knowing what he is
doing. We have enough open relays and spam problems already. So it is
the responsibility of every postmaster to get into the workings of his
MTA or just leave it and use some ISPs. (rant over now)

Back to the topic:
If you use Peters version or mine with the added !hostlist entry, you
should achieve what you are looking for. If not, I strongly suggest
going into some serious configuration debuging. With the output exim
gives you then you should be able to fix the problem without too much
trouble. If not, post that output with the relevant configuration bits.

       Oliver