Re: [exim] exim.org - searching docs/spec

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim.org - searching docs/spec
On tisdagen den 2 oktober 2007, Renaud Allard wrote:
> The way you have stored them on http://docs.exim.org (and the name
> itself) seems great for me. But is there any point to keep docs for
> versions lower than 4.00 in the same place, knowing these versions are
> not supported anymore?

We could almost even remove them from the "old" place, but on the other hand
they may be of some historical interest.

> Also I would probably put the most recent versions on the top. I know
> this goes against apache directory indexes, but this would save some
> time for many people to not have to scroll till the end to find the
> latest version. I always find annoying that you have to "search" for
> recent versions.

There will of course be an HTML page in the root instead of a simple directory
index. In principle docs.html could move there as it is (except with the URLs
changed), unless it's decided that docs.exim.org shall hold the current (and
eventually unified) version only.

There's also the question of mirroring. If any domain should be mirrored
beside ftp.exim.org, it's the one with the documentation (I assume). Does
anybody ever use one of the WWW mirrors?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)