Re: [exim] Exim/Postfix once again

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim/Postfix once again
Sascha Pollok <exim-users@???> (Di 02 Okt 2007 17:00:20 CEST):
> Nigel,
>
> thanks for your e-mail. It gave me a big "ahaaa" but unfortunately
> I am still a little bit confused:

> > > I do not know if you can ask exim to "explode" the message into single
> > > ones (except some "loop" delivery to itself).
> >
> > Set batch_max=1 on the appendfile transport you are using.
> >
> > See
> >    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch25.html

> According to this link, the default for batch_max is 1 which should result
> in no batching at all. However we have not used batch_max so far in
> our local transport:
>
> local_delivery_mysql:
> driver = appendfile
> delivery_date_add
> envelope_to_add
> return_path_add
> #group = mail
> #user = mail
> mode = 0660
> directory_mode = 770
> mode_fail_narrower = false
> maildir_format
> directory = ${lookup mysql{MYSQL_LOCALUSER_HOME}{$value}{'fail'}}

And furthermore: MYSQL_LOCALUSER_HOME probably contains a reference to
$local_part, which in turn prevents batching anyway.

> Thus, we assume that the default of batch_max is active (1) but we still
> see e-mails with multiple recipients pointing to the same postbox
> only once.

It's strange - are you sure about the used transport (double check the
log).

I tested it here - and got confused - until I "discovered" that
local_delivery isn't used in favour of a pipe transport (due to
procmail). Using batch_max in the *used* transport has the expected
influence on (to?) the Envelope-To-header. (4.63)

--
Heiko