Re: [exim] exim.org - searching docs/spec

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim.org - searching docs/spec
On 10/2/07 3:45 PM, "Magnus Holmgren" <holmgren@???> wrote:

> On tisdagen den 2 oktober 2007, Renaud Allard wrote:
>> The way you have stored them on http://docs.exim.org (and the name
>> itself) seems great for me. But is there any point to keep docs for
>> versions lower than 4.00 in the same place, knowing these versions are
>> not supported anymore?
>
> We could almost even remove them from the "old" place, but on the other hand
> they may be of some historical interest.

It seems too bad to make anything disappear altogether. We still get
messages about Exim 3--while we (usually) don't try to help, it would be too
bad not to have something to refer folks to.

(I haven't seen an Exim 2 or Exim 1 question for quite a while, but even
those don't have to vanish.)

It also may well be that the really old stuff (1 and 2? 1, 2, and 3) should
be "hidden" from the search engines. And possibly some of the 4.x series.
But not the docs for those versions contained in significant Linux distros,
ports for other systems, etc.

--John