[exim] Transport directory based on sender address

Author: Brent Jones
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Transport directory based on sender address
Exim users,
I'm trying to set a rule that will set the Maildir storage directory
partly based on the sending server's IP address using lsearch.
I'm getting errors that "" is not a absolute path to the maildir
directory, but the lsearch should be returning the proper string.

Here is the rule:

obstore:
driver = appendfile
directory = ${lookup{$sender_host_address}lsearch{/etc/storetable}}
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
maildir_format = true
create_directory = true

And here is what the /etc/storetable contains

10.0.0.1: /var/mail/catch/main/

Here is what the error_log shows:

appendfile: file or directory name "" is not absolute

Pardon my ignorance, but shouldn't that lsearch line return
/var/mail/catch/main/ as the directory path?

Any hits on to where I am off would be appreciated!

Brent Jones
brent [at] servuhome [dot] net