Re: [exim] Transport directory based on sender address

Author: Brent Jones
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Transport directory based on sender address

Quoting Jakob Hirsch <jh@???>:

> Brent Jones wrote:
>
>>    directory = ${lookup{$sender_host_address}lsearch{/etc/storetable}}
>> And here is what the /etc/storetable contains
>> 10.0.0.1: /var/mail/catch/main/

>> appendfile: file or directory name "" is not absolute
>
> I'd say it should, but it seems that the lookup returns nothing, so the
> resulting string is "".
> Run a debug session with "exim -d+expand -bh 10.0.0.1" (or use the swaks
> tool) to see what's going wrong.
>
> Oh, and what do you expect to happen when the sender's host address has
> no match in /etc/storetable?

I found that lsearch wasn't returning any results, but came across
another function, iplsearch. The lookup now works correctly.
If it doesn't match something, I don't know what I'll do yet, maybe
I'll do some checking in an ACL to reject hosts that don't fall into
known IP ranges before it even gets to the transport.

Regards