Re: [exim] exim.org - searching docs/spec

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Magnus Holmgren, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim.org - searching docs/spec

--On 3 October 2007 00:45:48 +0200 Magnus Holmgren
<holmgren@???> wrote:

> On tisdagen den 2 oktober 2007, Renaud Allard wrote:
>> The way you have stored them on http://docs.exim.org (and the name
>> itself) seems great for me. But is there any point to keep docs for
>> versions lower than 4.00 in the same place, knowing these versions are
>> not supported anymore?
>
> We could almost even remove them from the "old" place, but on the other
> hand they may be of some historical interest.

Not just historical interest. Undoubtedly there are still instances of exim
3.0 in use out there. Ideally, their admins will have copies of the
documentation, but people inheriting legacy systems will need to understand
how they work - at minimum so that they can replace them without upsetting
their clients.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex