Re: [exim] exim.org - searching docs/spec

Author: Angel Marin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim.org - searching docs/spec
Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> On tisdagen den 18 september 2007, Marcin Krol wrote:
>> I'm not sure this the right place for this proposal, but here it goes:
>>
>> Searching specifically docs only on exim.org is rather inconvenient. The
>> same site hosts this mailing list, which often is not what the user might
>> want to search for when googling.
>
> I've _preliminarily_ (URIs are subject to change!) put the documentation on
> http://docs.exim.org/ as well, i.e.
> http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/ and
> http://exim.org/exim-pdf-current/doc/ both become
> http://docs.exim.org/current/ (and likewise for specific older versions) (but
> it's not indexed by Google ... yet).

Having the exact same content in several urls is asking for search
engine penalization sooner o later. The best way to avoid this is having
only one url and http redirecting (301) the other ones (just some
mod_rewrite-foo required) or by excluding indexing (through robots.txt)
in all but one.

Regards,
--
Angel Marin