Re: [exim] exim.org - searching docs/spec

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim.org - searching docs/spec
On tisdagen den 18 september 2007, Marcin Krol wrote:
> I'm not sure this the right place for this proposal, but here it goes:
>
> Searching specifically docs only on exim.org is rather inconvenient. The
> same site hosts this mailing list, which often is not what the user might
> want to search for when googling.

I've _preliminarily_ (URIs are subject to change!) put the documentation on
http://docs.exim.org/ as well, i.e.
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/ and
http://exim.org/exim-pdf-current/doc/ both become
http://docs.exim.org/current/ (and likewise for specific older versions) (but
it's not indexed by Google ... yet).

Would it perhaps be even better to have only the current documentation on
docs.exim.org? It strikes me now that instead of having to read the right
version of the specification, it might have been better (mostly) if the
specification specified in what version each feature first appeared.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)