Re: [exim] Delivery to domains without MX records - Advice n…

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Delivery to domains without MX records - Advice needed
On 4/7/07 11:37 AM, "Jason_Meers" <Jason_Meers@???> wrote:

> 1) How important is it to use 192.0.2.0/24 addresses (so they don't
> cause conflicts with other systems)

Well, in around 1995 or 1996, we noticed a large number of connection
attempts to a machine in one of our /24 subnets, from a machine at a
university which shall remain nameless (mostly because I forget which US
university it was).

Upon contact with their admin staff, we learned the cause: someone had set
up a new machine, following an IBM manual a little too closely. And IBM had
written our IP into an example in the manual. The problem had been
corrected by the time we got the answer back from them.

So it's more than theoretically important.

--John