Re: [exim] Delivery to domains without MX records - Advice n…

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Delivery to domains without MX records - Advice needed
Jason_Meers wrote:

*snip*

> I Would like to keep the 192.0.2.0/24 addresses but I would also like to
> be able to have a dnslookup router for showing how dnslookup deliveries
> work.

Good start for a test setup. Don't forget that you can alias more than on IP to
a single NIC (if that is all you have), bind an instance of Exim to each one,
and run test traffic between them. Allowing IP-literal recommended for such
test, among other steps to keep things in their proper boxes.

As to the DNS - no problem. Install a local one and create the entries you need
for test.

I use Maradns - light and simple - but the choice would be driven by what you
are most comfortable with w/r config & records setup. There won't be any
significant load on it..

;-)

BTW - 'good idea' to also isolate such a test rig from the 'real world' network
until a comfort level has been reached, and 'proper' IP's and DNS replace those
used for devel.

With the 'aliasing' you don't even need a cable. With *BSD's tun interface, or
OS/2's binding of IP to the LPT port, you don't even need an ethernet NIC to test.

YMMV

Bill